Thermo Fisher Scientific Bioinformatics/Scientific Curator in Ann Arbor, Michigan
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Bioinformatics Scientist III (Scientific Curator) will review, analyze and compile clinical data from primary literature and clinical trials specific to biomarkers in cancer. He/She will provide scientific and technical expertise to a cross-functional team of scientists and software developers to build and maintain an internal knowledge base of genomic aberrations and relevant therapies related to cancer. (The position is located in Ann Arbor, MI.)
What will you do?
• Curate evidence from approved drug labels, clinical guidelines and clinical trials using customized software tools
• Leveraging the primary literature, write narratives describing the relationships between gene variants and disease prognosis, diagnosis, and therapy selection
• Provide translational oncology expertise to curation team
• Work in a fast pace, cross-functional team of bioinformatics scientists, data scientists, and software engineers
How will you get here?
• PhD in cancer biology or cancer genomics
• Strong understanding of tumor biology, oncogenic signaling pathways
• Experience with biological databases, ontologies, and cancer mutation databases
• Experience in reviewing and summarizing scientific literature
• Experience with next-generation sequencing platforms and bioinformatics analysis of cancer genomics data is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Strong English language written and oral communication, organizational skills, and computer skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.