Thermo Fisher Scientific Associate Equipment Operator, Reorientation Specialist in Bohemia, New York
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
What will you do?
Machine operator responsible for reorientation of manufactured booklet labels from a fanfold construction to an auto applicable roll format using label application equipment. All label creation must comply with specifications listed on job order and customer profile. The quality and construction specifications must meet the standards as defined by the Clinical Trial Industry and cGMP. Inspects printed material during all phases during production and changes controls to limit and correct printing defects/mistakes. Responsible for maintaining safety while insuring equipment operations and materials are maintained at the highest standards as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Sets up and operates the label application equipment which includes manual and automated computer controlled systems.
• Supports the remanufacturing of a wide array of label constructions in the reorientation department to custom roll sizes from fanfold.
• Assists in all in all phases of the production needs as directed by the team lead.
• Follows client approved proofs, profiles and associated documents to remanufacture labels per established specifications
• Sets-up all variable computerization jobs and manufactured labels using the proprietary software application, as per Department SOP’s and WI’s
• Monitors label application for accuracy and completeness in accordance with SOP’s/WI’s while completing all daily production goals.
• Maintains daily and monthly production goals and schedules proactively relaying any obstacles encountered to management to insure smooth operations
• Troubleshoots and identifies solutions to problems.
• Inspects printed material during label application and performs manual adjustments to avoid and/or correct inconsistencies and imperfections.
• Operates equipment in a controlled manner to limit waste and defects.
• Offers process improvement suggestions to improve products, processes and environment.
• Ability to work in an organized manner, paying close attention to even the smallest detail, while maintaining a clean professional work environment.
• Ability to multi-task to optimize production while maintaining the highest quality standards.
• Proactively ensures a quality product will be produced by performing tasks in a methodical manner
• Ability to work independently in planning, setting up and manufacturing a wide array of label constructions which meet client specifications.
• Ensures that all equipment in area of responsibility is maintained as per standard procedures and safety guidelines. This includes keeping up with all current preventative maintenance practices and cleaning on a daily basis.
• Communicates any problems with a given job to immediate team management
• Responsible for processing returns of unused base stock after reorientation processing of jobs has been completed.
• Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
• Applies current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) in all areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher Vision and Values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s).
• Demonstrates the ability to perform jobs per established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs) and company policies.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate team work when necessary to ensure jobs are completed per established timelines.
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
How will you get here?
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One year of prior experience working on manufacturing equipment of comparable complexity.
• Proficient using a computer i.e., retrieving, transferring, saving, and editing files.
• Computer literate with demonstrated ability to comprehend and effectively transfer information between multiple internal computer programs
• Ability to work on overtime on weekdays and weekends to meet business and customer needs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Strong basic math skills
• Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong ability to work as a team, collaborate with colleagues and share workload as needed to provide quality customer support.
• Knowledge and experience with cGMP compliance
• Ability to lift 25-75 pounds
• Open to change
• Prior printing and manufacturing knowledge of working with various manufacturing equipment or associated printing technologies.
• Experience with static and variable data printing.
• Prior mechanical experience is a plus
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.