Thermo Fisher Scientific Graphic Designer in Bothell, Washington
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our group to design product artwork, produce digital assets, and develop marketing materials and newsletters. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working independently, and work effectively on multiple projects within a cross-functional organization. You must be very well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with user-experience designers, marketing and sales, engineering, and product management.
Division and Location
The Biosciences Division (BID) is a $2.5 billion business with more than 4,000 employees across the globe. Grounded in Science we offer reagents, instruments, and consumables to over 480,000 customers from pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, academic, government and industrial markets. We’re proud of our portfolio which offers more than 4,000 patents, over 770,000 scientific citations and 70,000 products.
We’re looking for a passionate Graphic Designer for this role which is located in Bothell, WA.
What will you do?
• Design marketing literature
• Design and create digital assets to be utilized in user documentation and product literature
• Design and create digital assets for instruments, desktop, and web-based scientific analysis apps (such as icons and other graphics)
• Create images that identify a product or convey a message
• Support multiple internal customers across different sites
• Work closely with project teams, including product management, UX designers, and software developers
How will you get there?
• Associate’s degree (Bachelor degree preferred) in Design, Graphics Design, Computer Science, Computer Science, Human Factors Engineering, or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience in digital environments interacting with clients and project managers to gather and interpret design needs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• An eye for detail, typography and color
• Ability to build assets that are consistent across all designs for the brand
• Exceptional design portfolio
• Creativity without bounds
• Ability to conceive unique ideas
• Ability to follow corporate branding guidelines
• Ability to successfully navigate a cross functional/matrixed environment (product management, UX designers, sales and marketing, engineering)
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• UX knowledge or interest a plus, including wireframing experience
• Must enjoy collaborating and be a strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to manage your own project planning and deadlines
• Ability to apply existing design patterns
• Must have great communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.