Thermo Fisher Scientific Sr. UX Designer in Carlsbad, California
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced Web Designer with strong consulting skills to work with our User Experience & Design Team. This resource will report to the User Experience Design Team Lead. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 years of hands-on professional experience designing interfaces for web and mobile applications.
What will you do?
• Interact with key decision makers (UX, IT Directors, etc...)
• Work with our team members to solve problems through analysis of existing systems and processes
• Work on full lifecycle projects from requirements gathering through design, implementation and rollout
• Have the flexibility to be creative and have an impact on designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of clients ‘expectations
• Work on highly interactive custom web and mobile front-ends as well as full desktop applications
• Extensive experience designing visual user interfaces for web and mobile applications
• Ability to understand and apply brand guidelines
• Experience working hand-in-hand with clients to envision product requirements, study user interaction, and provide recommendations on experience best practices
• A strong eye for typography, layout, and color
• Proficiency with design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks…)
• Knowledge of platform specific standards and paradigms (Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Android Design Principles) and experience building unified experiences across them
• An ability to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into elegant information flows and simple, intuitive interfaces
• A clear understanding of the differences between designing for web and mobile
• Experience in working with in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
• Desire and ability to work towards leading a team of 2-5 other designers and developers
• Proactive desire to continue to broaden and deepen design, technical, business and consulting skills
• Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity or willingness to learn client side development in HTML5/CSS3
• B.A. or B.S. in a relevant field
• Willingness to travel
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.