Thermo Fisher Scientific Sr. Lab Technician, R&D in Grand Island, New York
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented Sr. Lab Technician who will plan and carry out assays associated with the development of novel cell culture media formulations and processes.
• Candidate must be able to work on teams within the Cell Culture Laboratories.
• Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize work with supervisor as necessary.
• Carry out standard operating procedures involving basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping.
• Responsible for testing data records, notebooks, customer reports and computerized data storage.
• Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure assays are within operating parameters.
• Advise supervisor of factors that may affect quality of data.
• Work in a laboratory environment and is required to lift up to 40 lbs.
• May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
• Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
• Minimum two years of experience in a laboratory setting following an AAS degree.
• Minimum of AAS degree (BS preferred) in Chemistry, Biotechnology, or related Sciences.
• Requires a functional knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
• Initiative, organizational and computer skills are extremely valuable to ensure effective laboratory operations.
• Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Must possess self-motivation and the ability to work on routine analysis or new assignments with limited instructions.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
• High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
• Experience with cGMP, GLP, CLIA or other lab regulation is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.