Thermo Fisher Scientific Sr. Manager Analytical Development in Greenville, North Carolina
Responsible for the leadership of multiple units within Analytical Development (AD) and also participation in the direction of Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) Analytical Development Department. Responsible for directing both the scientific and operational excellence (OPEX) of the units assigned to ensure that all project work is conducted for clients in accordance with OPEX efficiency standards for timeliness and quality of delivery but also in accordance with client expectations for the quality of scientific interpretation and technical content. Expected to provide high levels of contributions into the direction of the AD Department regarding the applications of initiatives focused on operational excellence and also on novel approaches for dealing with scientific and technical challenges.
Representation will then be expected for carrying forwards these concepts and initiatives to a global Patheon PDS AD forum.
Provides leadership to assigned AD Units for management of projects (20%)
Develops scientific excellence initiatives by identifying opportunities, providing leadership, authoring publications and encouraging scientific presentations by other AD Scientists (15%)
Identifies OPEX projects and initiatives designed to develop best practices and drive continuous improvements (10%)
Manages Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics within assigned AD Units (10%)
Leads training and guidance to provide for staff career development (10%)
Represents PDS AD in new project discussions with clients; provide technical support to Business Development and quotations inputs (10%)
Provides leadership for quality systems within AD such as Out of Specification/Deviation Reports (OOS/DR) investigations and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to ensure on time delivery and high quality standards (10%)
Participates in global PDS AD activities (15%)
Supervision: Direct reports of up to 10-15 people
Bachelor’s degree in biological science or related field required. Masters and/or Ph.D. preferred
Experience: Minimum of 8 years supervisory experience within AD department.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
· Proven excellence in the understanding and application of analytical chemistry for meeting product development challenges
· Experience of managing groups of graduates in the development of analytical procedures
· Proven ability to train team members to handle analytical development projects within agreed timelines.
· Ability to apply operational excellence principles within a development environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, telephonic, and written).
· Well organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Understanding of AD software systems that are being applied within modern pharmaceutical companies
· Excellent working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
· Proficiency in the English Language.
· Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect and Excellence
There is little physical effort and fatigue. Walks, stands, lifts small objects and tools, and/or operates keyboard equipment for short duration (e.g. lifts very light items such as a stapler).
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.