Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales Representative 2 in Hanover Park, Illinois
Our Inside Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of research products and services primarily by using the telephone; but also using email, Internet, and other technology within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving customers engaged in pharmaceutical, biomedical, chemical, and other fields of research and development, as well as quality assurance labs such as in food and environmental testing. The Inside Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
· Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
· Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources; Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
· Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but face-to-face customer meetings may be required
· Researches competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data into the business plan; Introduce new products and services
· Manage pricing and negotiates within territory to control profitability
· Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
· Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems, perform other tasks assigned by manager
· Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
· Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
· 2+ years of sales experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
· Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results
· Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
· Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer
· Must deliver excellent customer service
· Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
· Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed
· Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.