Thermo Fisher Scientific Mechanical Engineer in Logan, Utah
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer which will assemble standard components creating customer specific drawings and complete new mechanical designs for bioprocessing equipment. This job includes review of customer product specifications and translating to a product drawing. These products include large scale bioreactors, mixers, controllers and holding tanks for fluid transfer in manufacturing of biologics.
• Provide customer facility layout drawings.
• Create new mechanical drawings to add to the existing product lines.
• Basic drafting of mechanical components for final design.
• Updating existing components/assemblies under the direction of engineering manager.
• Operate within PDM Enterprise drawing database to check drawings in and out maintaining accurate drawing revisions and histories.
• Utilize Master Control to create, pull, and submit release specifications and complete training.
• Participate in Staff Meetings for project pipeline and awareness of drawings needed.
• Coordinates necessary drawing revisions, specifications and work instructions as applicable.
• Must communicate design details with customer, mostly via the phone
• Mechanical engineering degree, with a minimum of 5 years design experience
• Ability to create/modify drawings based on daily expectations while maintaining quality of work
• Competent and proficient in SolidWorks
• Competent and proficient in AutoCAD
• Strong ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with colleagues and share workload as needed to provide quality to our customers.
• Competence in Microsoft and other office application software
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines
• Understanding of Oracle programs
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.