Thermo Fisher Scientific Electrical Engineer III in Millersburg, Pennsylvania
Job Title: Electrical Engineer III– # 66178BR
Reports to: Manager, R&D Engineering
Location: Millersburg, PA
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
We are searching for an Electrical Engineer III who will design, document and assemble, validate equipment control panels, along with providing hands-on control panel wiring and remote troubleshooting for both re-tooling and some new product development.
What will you do?:
• Design, document and assemble equipment control panels
• Provide hands-on control panel wiring and remote troubleshooting.
• PLC Programming. Understand, initialize, design, trouble shoot and repair and tune AC and DC drives and motors and controllers.
• Understand and be able to program PID control logic (proportional–integral–derivative controller).
• Develop electrical power and control systems that meet EMI and electrical safety compliance requirements and oversee compliance testing. Conduct problem solving when needed to current and new designs to meet compliance standards.
• Understands how to design panel to meet EMC emission requirements.
• Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex automation systems for OEM manufacturing.
• Work with Mechanical Engineers as needed for mechanical integration of electrical assemblies (e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks. Work with Operations team.
• Document schematics, panel layout drawings, BOMs, ROHS document certification, UL, ETL, CE certificate of compliance and CE technical files.
• Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
• Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
• Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
• Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
• Able to travel as needed to customer and vendor sites approximately 10%..
How will you get here?
• B.S.E.E. or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of product development and commercialization design experience as an electrical engineer
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and manufacturing drawings.
• Ability to program HMI and PLC computers.
• Ability to create and modify CAD drawings
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Experienced in management of BOMs and working within UL, ETL, CE/ROHS/REACH/WEEE standards
• Familiar with NEC standards contained in NFPA70
• Proficient in programming with the some of the following or similar applications:
RSLogix 500 / 5000, Wonderware InTouch, Pro-face HMI, Yaskawa Servos, Labview, Matlab, Delta V, Charms
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis.
• Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical.
• Familiar with SolidWork, ePDM, Master Control
• Experience with qualification protocol generation and execution.
• Excellent communication, leadership, and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of cGMP, GAMP
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.