Thermo Fisher Scientific Field Service Engineer in Remote / Field, California
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $ 20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented Field Service Engineer who will perform on-site installation, qualification, service and repairs of Single-Use Systems including Bioreactors, Fermenters, and Mixing Systems.
• Perform on-site installation, qualification, service and repairs of Single-Use Systems including Bioreactors, Fermenters, and Mixing Systems
• Perform FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing) on equipment when needed.
• Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other internal teams and Commercial Sales
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
• Reviews Customer User Requirements Specifications (URS) and product specifications; Collaborates with customer and internal teams on product opportunities
• Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
• Provide necessary VOC and insight to new technologies that could complement the existing range from the perspective of identified customer needs
• Develops and conducts effective training, and safe operations of equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
• Supporting Commercial Sales activities in providing customer technical support and product troubleshooting
• Support Field Applications team as needed in providing effective value-added solutions on design and development, optimization, consultation, technical support, and troubleshooting of Single-Use systems to our customers
• Other duties that may be assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree (or work related equivalent) in an Engineering, Technical, Life Science, or related field
• 2-3 years of experience working within the biotech, biopharmaceutical, biologics, and/or life sciences industries in an engineering, technical or manufacturing capacity
• Proven hands-on experience in hardware installations, qualifications (IQ/OQ), integrated control systems integration and ideally with experience using Single-Use products
• Knowledge of Single-Use systems including Bioreactors, Fermenters, and Mixers and Bioprocess Containers (BPCs)
• Comprehensive understanding of processes and applications used within the biopharmaceutical, biotech, human and animal vaccine industries
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding with proven operational and technical experience in hardware installations and qualification and system integration
• Basic knowledge & understanding of cGMP & other regulatory guidelines for the Biotech and Biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry
• Basic knowledge and experience with integrated controls systems (i.e. Delta V, Siemens, and Allen Bradley) typically used within the Biotech and Biopharmaceutical Industry
• Good project management skills combined with the ability to multi-task effectively
• Highly motivated and self-directed requiring minimal supervision including the ability to work on multiple projects
• Excellent communication and team-working skills
• Ability and willingness to work across professional & cross-functional teams
• Excellent computer skills including experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project), AutoCAD, Solid Works or other related design software
• Willingness to travel up to 60% of time and operate from a home-base within the Western US.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.