Thermo Fisher Scientific Order Picker / Material Handler II- 2nd Shift in Rockwood, Tennessee
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
Demonstrates dependability, safety consciousness, productivity, and quality at or above standards along with willingness to maintain flexibility and perform multiple warehouse functions as needed.
Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction, and to meet customer needs.
Processes orders according to priority set by Supervisor/Lead Transportation Coordinator in order to meet customer requirements.
Picks, packages, and labels shipments according to the Distribution SOP and Work Instructions.
Completes paper documentation requirements as outlined by Distribution SOP and Work Instructions.
Stack all items picked on a pallet, pack to pallet all items to pallet, corner, shrink-wrap, weigh, and stage for shipping.
Turn completed pick ticket and all documentation into Lead Transportation Coordinator to be shipped.
Must learn to operate turret truck, order picker, and fork truck.
Perform daily pre-trip inspection safety checks on powered industrial equipment prior to use.
Report equipment problems to Supervisor.
Practices good housekeeping and keeps work area organized, neat, clean, and orderly.
All other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority
- Recommends solutions to Supervisor on safety concerns, shipping issues, and equipment outages.
Specific Scope Data
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High School education or equivalent is preferred.
Prior Experience in shipping environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
Must be willing to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Must be able to communicate information with others.
Must have good mathematical, basic problem solving, and organizational skills.
Must be able to write clearly and concisely.
Must have basic understanding of shipping schedules.
Follow written standard operating procedures (SOP's).
Must have basic operating knowledge of fork trucks, order pickers, and turret trucks.
Ability to work independently with occasional assistance.
Ability to take ownership for general shipping processes.
Distinguish between required and preferred or desired.
Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
(1) Physical Activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching,standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Mobile Equipment Operators: This is a minimum standard for use with those who operate trucks, forklifts, cranes, and high lift equipment.
(4) Environmental Conditions: The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for period of more than one hour - may occur during summer months on occasion.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.