Thermo Fisher Scientific Senior Product Applications Specialist in San Jose, California
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
The Senior Product Applications Specialist will support applications activities for product development & growth in the Food & Beverage sector in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. The position will require frequent interaction with various groups within the company, including global demo centers, R&D, Product Marketing, commercial teams, as well as our external customers for Applications & Method Development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Laboratory duties, including developing Food & Environmental applications on LCMS platforms
• Generating proof statements to support New Product Introduction
• Supporting collaborations with external customers for scientific research, and leveraging data from such collaborations for marketing collateral
• Interacting with the global commercial teams to support pre- and post- sales requirements
• Publishing application notes, posters and peer-reviewed articles
• Training customers on our products & assisting with key applications development
How will you get here?
• MS/Ph.D degree in Science (chemistry, biology or related discipline)
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on LCMS and/or GCMS experience and expertise in small molecules method and applications development
• Experience in Proteomics and/or Lipidomics
• Familiarity with global regulations for residue analysis, experience in interpreting such regulatory documents, and translating these to produce proof statements to support commercialization of Thermo Fisher Scientific`s instruments
• Strong domain knowledge of the Food & Environmental analytical industries
• Ability to travel 25%
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• High comfort level of interacting, discussing, and presenting how products and solutions are used with customers
• Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instruments, and software
• Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to deliver results
• Strong ability to form relationships with Commercial and Business unit counterparts
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to work in a fast paced multi-disciplinary matrix managed environment
• Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.