Thermo Fisher Scientific Material Handler I in Ward Hill, Massachusetts
To complete all warehouse functions as assigned in a safe, efficient and accurate manner assisting in ensuring that all of the day’s work is completed. This would include functions ranging from inventory control, material handling, and order processing.
• Order Picking- responsible for collecting customer orders, finding the appropriate products and delivering the order and materials to the appropriate shipping department.
• Order Shipping- responsible for overall order fulfillment including verification of material to be shipped, packaging selection and labeling according to site and DOT/IATA requirements.
• Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and work instructions.
• Supports Thermo Fisher’s commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process improvement opportunities throughout the Quality System.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
• Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and procedures in association with department specific responsibilities.
• Demonstrates technical and procedural proficiency and self-assuredness in applying EH&S standards.
• Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups, regulatory agencies, and customers.
• Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to ensure an investigation is initiated.
• Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within department.
• Support the Company’s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be able to document records in English and communicate orally and in writing in English.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others.
• Must be able to effectively work independently and as a team.
Skills/Experience Valued but not Required:
• Experience in a chemical warehouse environment preferred.
• Experience with an I Series (JDE/AS400).
• Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• This position will require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8-12 hour shift in a fast paced environment. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Required to wear ASTM F 2413-05 (or ANSI Z41-1999) safety shoes while working in the warehouse.
1 st shift 9:30 am to 6:30pm
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.